Each alumni Brother has a unique way to contribute to Phi Delta Chi. Whether you are willing to dedicate 2 hours per year or 2 hours per day, there are opportunities for you to stay engaged with the Fraternity. Below are just some ideas. Please contact your Regional Director of Alumni Affairs or the Grand Vice President for Alumni Affairs (email@example.com) for more information about getting involved!
RESOLVE TO STAY INVOLVED!
- Contact the Collegiate Chapter closest to you to see if they need assistance with anything (e.g. a place to host a professional event, mentorship on how to find a job, help with ritual or running a formal meeting).
- Become an active member of the Alumni Chapter closest to where you live
- Serve as an officer of your Alumni Chapter
- If you are unsure where the closest Collegiate Chapter or Alumni Chapter is located, please contact the GVPAA for assistance.
- Form an Alumni Chapter if there is not one (see the Alumni Toolkit page for more information)
- Attend events that Collegiate Brothers in your region are hosting (e.g. Regional Conferences, formals, Wing Ding, Gatlinburg, Big Blu, Founder’s Day Celebrations, Initiations, Tailgate Parties)
- Plan a regional Founder’s Day or other event
- Serve as the Regional Director of Alumni Affairs (RDAA) or Regional Director of Collegiate Affairs (RDCA) for the region you live in
- Serve as a Facilitator at the Regional Conference (held in the even years)
- Attend Grand Council or the Leader Development Seminar (LDS)
- Become a facilitator at Grand Council or LDS
- Serve as a Colony Coordinator for student pharmacists who are forming a new or reactivated Phi Delta Chi Collegiate Chapter
- Contact the GVPAA or GVPCA for opportunities to serve by getting on the “Brothers Who Want More” List, whenever a need arises we will reach out to these brothers who have expressed interest in becoming more involved
- Serve on a national committee (e.g. Constitution and Bylaws Committee, Finance Committee, Policies and Procedures Committee)
- Visit with the Grand Officers at National Meetings like ASHP Midyear, APHA, and NCPA in the exhibit halls. Look for information about a Phi Delta Chi gathering, like Monday Night Football during ASHP Midyear and an Alumni Reception during APHA.
- Serve on the Executive Council as the Grand President, GVP for Alumni Affairs, GVP for Collegiate Affairs, or GVP for Communications